Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Info

Hi guys,

I hope you're having (or are about to have!) a restful break. A few things I'd like to give you a "heads-up" about:

1) Notice the revised schedule on the Quia calendar - on the day you come back (Thursday), we will translate lines 1-64 of Book IV, so pre-read those! The test over Books I-II will be the next Monday.

2)For the Test on Monday, review the translations of all Book I and II lines, and the reading questions for Books I and II. The test will be a truncated AP Free Response section, and will consist of:
a) 1 translation, approx. 10 lines
b) 1 "character" essay (I'll post some examples on the blog later)
c) 1 "long" essay (timed: 45 minutes; usually this consists of two passages that you have to compare, but otherwise it's the same idea as the "short" essays we've been doing up to now. Again, I'll post some examples of past "long" essays later)

3) Start reading Book IV in English and answering the study questions (in PDF on the Quia site).

We're approaching the home stretch of our journey to the end of the AP syllabus - hang on! You're all doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment